What’s Pickelball? Well, if you’ve never heard of it, it’s one of the fastest growing sports in America. Go to the USA Pickleball Association Web site to learn more. Click on the media tab on the left and watch the YouTube video called “Sweet Sport with Sour Name.”
Jamie Callahan — (907) 452-8867 (home), (520) 269-3204 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
Men’s Singles and Women’s Doubles, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Mixed Doubles, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Men’s Doubles and Women’s Singles, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
We will have staggered start times based on the number of entries by event and you will need to check-in 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. The Age-Division/Event specific time schedule will be available once registration is complete.
The Alaska Club, Fairbanks South
747 Old Richardson Hwy, Fairbanks, AK
The tournament will be held on the outdoor courts, if the weather permits.
$5 each event
- Athletes may compete with only one partner per event and may not compete in more than one age division for doubles or mixed doubles.
- Age divisions are as follows: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, etc. In Doubles and Mixed Doubles, age will be determined by the age of the youngest player as of December 31 of this year.
- Competitors must provide their own paddles. Balls will be provided.
- Tournament format will be double elimination play with the first person/team to win 2 out of 3 games; each game is played to 11, win by 2 points. The first team to win 2 out of 3 games wins the match.
- AISG has the right to change the tournament format depending on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstances.
- Current USA Pickleball Association rules will apply except as modified here. For a copy of the rules, write USA Pickleball Association, P.O. Box 7354, Surprise, AZ 85374, or visit the USA Pickleball Association Web site.
- Athletes must wear proper court shoes—no black sole shoes allowed on the court area.